The Chase Freedom Flex Card application is now live, including the notable addition of 3% cash back on dining out and drugstore purchases. All of the popular features remain as well: Up to 5% cash back on select categories throughout the year, no annual fee, and the ability to earn Ultimate Rewards points (useful in combination with Chase Sapphire cards). There is also a limited-time intro offer available:
- $200 cash bonus (20,000 Ultimate Rewards points) after $500 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target(R) or Walmart(R) purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year. That’s up to $600 cash back the first year (and you can buy many gift cards at grocery stores).
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases.
Here are the ongoing features of the Freedom Flex:
- 5X points (5% cash back) on rotating quarterly categories.
- 5X points on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- 3X points on dining out, take-out, and eligible delivery services.
- 3X points on drugstore purchases.
- 1X points on all other purchases.
- Cell phone insurance is one of the noteworthy World Elite Mastercard benefits. “Up to $800 per claim and $1,000 per year in cell phone protection against theft or damage for phones listed on cardmembers’ monthly bill.”
- 5% total cash back on all Lyft rides through March 2022.
- Complimentary DoorDash DashPass for the first three months*, followed by a 50% discount price at the current rate for the next nine months.
- No annual fee.
From October 1st through December 31st, 2020 you can earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 spent in the following categories:
Remember that these cards earn Ultimate Rewards (UR) points, which can then be redeemed for cash at 1 UR point = $0.01. Therefore, you can either view a category as 3X points per dollar points, or 3% cash back. When UR points are transferred to a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve card, they can become much more valuable when converted to frequent flier miles, hotel points, or redeemed at the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal.
If you have an existing Chase card like the original Freedom card, you may be able to convert to this card by calling them directly. You won’t get the sign-up offer, but you will get the new ongoing features.
Bottom line. The Chase Freedom Flex Card application is a unique rewards card that lets you earn 5% cash back on select categories each quarter, in addition to a constant 3% cash back on dining out and drugstore purchases. If you have a Chase Sapphire card, the “flexibility” is even greater.
“The editorial content here is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone. This email may contain links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers.”
Copyright © 2019 MyMoneyBlog.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not re-syndicate without permission.
SOURCE: My Money Blog – Read entire story here.