New limited-time offer. The United Explorer Card is a Chase-issued credit card that offers unique perks on United Airlines including free checked bags and expanded award seat availability for redeeming miles. Right now, there is also a limited-time offer bump up to 65,000 bonus miles with no annual fee during the first year. Here are the highlights:
- Limited time offer – Up to 65,000 bonus miles. 40,000 bonus miles after $2,000 in purchases in the first 3 months. Plus earn an additional 25,000 bonus miles after you spend $10,000 total in purchases in the first 6 months.
- Free first checked bag for both you and a companion (a savings of up to $120 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket.
- Expanded award availability. Having this card makes it easier to find that saver award economy ticket.
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Fee Credit
- Priority boarding + 2 United Club one-time passes every year for your anniversary.
- 2X miles at restaurants and on hotel stays.
- 2X miles per on purchases from United.
- 25% Back on United inflight purchases (Wi-Fi, Food and Drinks).
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Your miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn.
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight.
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
Keep in mind the following terms and conditions:
This product is available to you if you do not have this Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this Card in the past 24 months.
This card is very focused on making it a better experience to fly on United. You have the first checked bag for free on United flights, both for your and a companion traveling on the same reservation. The bag fee is usually $30 per person, each way, so that adds up to $120 each roundtrip. Before you board, you might use one of your free United Club lounge passes. You also get Priority Boarding, which helps you find space for your carry-on. While onboard, you get 25% back on your inflight purchases of WiFi, food, and drinks.
Expanded award seat availability. You earn United miles for all your purchases (double miles on restaurants and hotel stays), but then they also make it easier for you to redeem those miles on Saver level tickets with no blackout dates. Expanded award seat availability is another of the top perks from this card, and I’ve found a very significant difference when searching. If you’re constantly trying to find economy tickets for the entire family like me, this is a big deal. Saver Award ticket redemptions start at 12,500 miles one-way within the continental U.S. and Canada.
Another unique feature of this card is that it offers primary coverage on the Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. On most other consumer cards, this coverage is offered as secondary coverage, meaning it only kicks in after your personal auto insurance has been exhausted.
Bottom line. The United Explorer Card offers great perks for folks that fly United even just once or twice a year. The card provides lounge passes, a free checked bag, priority boarding, and inflight discounts. There are bonus categories to earn more miles, and special expanded award seat inventory for credit card holders to make it easier to actually redeem those miles for flights. Right now, there is a limited-time offer up to 65,000 bonus United miles with no annual fee during the first year.
“The editorial content here is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone. This email may contain links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers.”
Copyright © 2019 MyMoneyBlog.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not re-syndicate without permission.
SOURCE: My Money Blog – Read entire story here.