Ok boys and girls, here are the old professor’s rules of horse race gambling that have been purchased in blood and treasure over the years. Do yourself a favor and apply them to life. You’ll get farther faster. Remember you heard it here first.
I am hard core handicapping. Good luck to all on Derby Day!
Professor Trackman’s Rules of Horserace Gambling:
1. Do your handicapping for yourself.
2. If you can’t take the losses don’t bet.
3. Greed Kills.
4. Winners correct their mistakes next time out. Losers bet bigger trying to cover…which will never cover in the end.
5. Never get too high or too low.
6. Scared money don’t win.
7. Women and booze don’t mix with horses.
8. Don’t bet a beaten favorite coming back trying to do something he has never done before, anything.
9. Exotic bets should supplement straight bets and never supplant them.
10. Eat your betting money but don’t bet your eating money.
11. Every time that gate opens, expect to be humbled.
SOURCE: Funny Economist – Randall Parker’s Completely Serious Macroeconomics Blog – Read entire story here.