- Asian equity indices are +.75% to +1.5% on average.
- Asia Ex-Japan Investment Grade CDS Index 54.75 -4.0 basis points.
- China Sovereign CDS 31.25 -3.25 basis points.
- Bloomberg Emerging Markets Currency Index 66.64 +.07%.
- FTSE 100 futures +.39%.
- S&P 500 futures +.11%.
- NASDAQ 100 futures +.16%.
Earnings of Note
Before the Open:
After the Close:
8:30 am EST
- Initial Jobless Claims for last week are estimated to fall to 220K versus 222K the prior week.
- Continuing Claims are estimated to fall to 1720K versus 1728K prior.
- None of note
Other Potential Market Movers
- The Fed’s Clarida speaking, Fed’s Bullard speaking, weekly Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index, $16B 30Y T-Bond auction, Australia Retail Sales report, BofA Merrill Aerospace/Defense Outlook Conference, (CASY) investor day and the (MNST) Investor Conference could also impact trading today.
- 9:30 am – 4:00 pm EST
BOTTOM LINE: Asian indices are higher, boosted by technology and industrial shares in the region. I expect US stocks to open mixed and to rally into the afternoon, finishing modestly higher. The Portfolio is 100% net long heading into the day.
SOURCE: BETWEEN THE HEDGES – Read entire story here.