- Europe Stocks Decline With U.S. Futures; Oil Slips: Markets Wrap. U.S. futures and European stocks dropped on Friday as investors mulled a reported conflict among policy makers over a stimulus package for the single-currency region, as well as political upheaval in France. The Stoxx 600 Index fell after Bloomberg News reported the European Central Bank is facing a potential rift over how much their emergency bond-purchase program should stay weighted toward weaker countries such as Italy. The euro fluctuated following French President Emmanuel Macron’s decision to name a new prime minister after asking his government to resign. Rolls-Royce Holdings Plc slumped after the British jet-engine maker said it’s exploring options to raise funds to strengthen its balance sheet. Futures on the S&P 500 Index decreased 0.4%. The Stoxx Europe 600 Index declined 0.8%. The MSCI Asia Pacific Index rose 1%. The MSCI Emerging Market Index gained 1%.
Wall Street Journal:
- Brazil Drives Latin America’s COVID-19 Outbreak Past US As World Nears 11 Million Cases: Live Updates.
- Twitter Ditches “Offensive” Non-Inclusive Terms Such As “Whitelist”, “Man Hours” And “He, Him, His”.
- Britain Joins EU In Placing Restrictions On American Travelers As US Posts Another Daily COVID-19 Record: Live Updates.
- Instacart raises another $100 million in funding to expand further during the US online grocery boom.
- Washington Redskins announce ‘thorough review’ of the team’s name after renewed criticism and pressure from sponsors.
- Apple strikes massive fear into the heart of the online ad industry with warnings to users about tracking.
- A handful of multi-strategy hedge funds posted huge gains in the first half this year, bucking the industry’s trend of underperformance.
- Goldman Sachs says global oil demand won’t rebound to pre-coronavirus crisis levels until at least 2022.
The Epoch Times:
- ‘A Global Tragedy’: Think Tanks in 39 Countries Denounce Hong Kong Security Law, Call for International Response.
John Hopkins University:
- Coronavirus Global Cases. (map)
SOURCE: BETWEEN THE HEDGES – Read entire story here.